Logo

125a did but now does'nt part 2

unlimited

My first thread dealt with carb and settings/fuel issues.Assuming that I did everything right and engine still would not run I went to timing .The engine when it first started its fits would run somewhat for awhile I thought maybe coil was heating up so I replaced it.Went thru the dist.replaced rotor cleaned up and reset gap.Dist cap for the bosch is a trick to find was told volvo car 240 2.1 would interchange not the one they pulled from shelf not even close so it was cleaned up and put back on.The bosch plug wire set I can get but pic shows a metal cover over spark plug end will these work or do I need to remove the metal part so there is just the rubber? they are7MM.I also replaced timing belt and S belt I had all marks and all lines on belt good reset dist according to manual every thing appeared fine.I did noticed if engine is rotated cam marking and belt line everytime you rotate the engine I assume this is normal.The problem is on cam markings on pulley and cover always going to give you TDC when the grooves line up even if the line has gone off?Intermediate and crank stay on line How do you set timing if the motor still does not run or will it be close enough it should work as best I can tell in manual?or even set dwell?The reason I'm trying to get this to work proper is I have a Hot Spark ignition setup would like to install or should I just go ahead and hope for the best unless you know of something (s) I have missed.This is the first timing belt I ever installed did a great job engine did not run before and it did not when I finished

Back