Logo

125a did but now does'nt

unlimited

Been the proud owner of 1984 bayliner 125a but it now has a curse redid the inside last winter!This year have taken boat out 3times last time had to get towed back!The boat ran fine last year but last trip would warm up and idle fine could run wot for awhile then it would drop in Rpms and not climb again and start to backfire.Rebuilt the carb boat would start,idle,and run with no load.Would not run in the water only start and idle could run maybe 2500 RPM's then go into the no start backfire again.Set all carb adjustments given.Jet screw next to screw that holds air cone. screw all the way in Is this( correct) This one keep falling out when the boat did run .Idle mixture screw with the spring all the way in then out 1 turn,Idle adjustment contact and then 1 1/4 further the float adjustment was all the way in snug.acceleration pump works fine.float was fine.This was also on a you tube video for the solex single.fuel tank cleaned, new fuel pump,inline filter,The imulsifying jet when should I see fuel out of that ?I also noticed after trying tostart fuel will perk up and run into what I call a spillway and the into the air cone for awhile just sitting there is this normal ?Sorry about all the ? just trying to get back in the water summers almost over.I have another thread to do on timing also Thanx

Back