Logo

Nissian NSD90 TLDI Idle issues!!

Lorrie

This motor will not idle when the motor is horizontal in the water, runs fine on the trailer at a slant! Any ideas on what is wrong with the motor?

What codes come up when the motor is put into diagnostic mode? Are you in the 3+1 -year warranty? Is this a 90A, B, or C2?

paul i do not have the codes. a mechanic looked at it and cleared all codes. i will contact him and hope he wrote them down and still his them. the moter is 150 miles away and the mechanic is 75 miles the opposit direction. but the motor is a year 2000 TLDI NSD90A. new gas with omc gas treatment added if i can the codes i will let you know . all input is greatly appreciated

Lorrie, the TLDI motors were never intended to be "backyard mechanic" serviceable. That said, a good mechanic, armed with the Factory service manual, can perform most service. If you still have the symptom, and if it is triggering a sensor code, it will still be in the ECU memory. Be sure you see a Tohatsu/Nissan-certified mechanic (you can locate them at http://www.nissanmarine.com/search/index.html

Hi Paul, thank you very much for the website information and advice. We found a few marina's that are close by. If your interested, I'll let you know the diagnostics.
Thanks again,
Lorrie

hi paul . its lorrie, do you know if my motor (year 2000 tldi nsd90a) has two fuel filters one external and one high pressure internal fuel filter?

Yes, there is a "settling bowl" type of low-pressure filter (plastic), and there is of course the high-pressure filter that looks like a metal can. You or your mechanic definitely need the Factory service manual to go further on these motors. Ideally, the tech should have taken the TLDI class at the Tohatsu headquarters in Texas.

thanks , i'm tring to avoid the 75 dollar an hour service bill if i can do it my self. can i buy a factory service manual?

Part # 003-21052-0, $27.58, available from any dealer, including me. Keep in mind that some special tools are needed, including pressure gauges, for full servicing of any TLDI.

HI Paul it,s lorrie i am interested in purchessing a service manual for my year 2000 TLDI NSD 90 A outboard . what do i need to do. thanks lorrie

Last edited:
Back