Logo

Yamaha F200 Inlet Camshaft Broken

amyie

Engine Model : Yamaha F200
Year : 2009
Running Hour : 80 hrs

Hi,
I have Yamaha OBM with broken inlet camshaft. It seems that I need a new camshaft. According to YAMAHA local dealer since the warranty period was over, I have to pay for new camshaft. The engine was running fine at begining and suddenly stop running. I ask local dealer to fix it. They tried so many thing to fix the engine but not succeed. Finally they check compression pressure and found it out of spec. They remove the cylinder head and the rest is history. The point is, should I pay for new camshaft? Any opinion are wellcome. Actually I'm from outside Asia.

DSCN0629.jpg

Thanks.I been informed by local YAMAHA dealer, nothing wrong with the inlet valves because they have check already. Still wonder what is the root causes. I hope YAMAHA principal will found the root causes. If not, there will be disaster in waiting for those using YAMAHA F200.

I think you are pretty much an isolated case which typically yamaha likes to take care of in this country. Don't know about yours. How does it feel to be special?

I agree that my problem with broken inlet camshaft is an isolate case. However, I hope it not manufacture fault.

Back