Logo

1976 Johnson 35 hp electric start, converting to a tiller steer, no spark

HollinKY

I aquired this motor and the remote cable was cut, I converted it to a tiller steer and got my throttle hooked up. I rigged up a push button starter. I still have the other end of the remote plug and around 4 feet of wire. The wire colors on remote wire are black, black w/ yellow stripe, purple w/ white stripe, yellow, red w/ purple stripe. I am not getting fire at my spark plugs, and I'm guessing it has something to do w/ the remote plug. Has anyone ever made a conversion like this? Any help is appreciated!!

I aquired this motor and the remote cable was cut, I converted it to a tiller steer and got my throttle hooked up. I rigged up a push button starter. I still have the other end of the remote plug and around 4 feet of wire. The wire colors on remote wire are black, black w/ yellow stripe, purple w/ white stripe, yellow, red w/ purple stripe. I am not getting fire at my spark plugs, and I'm guessing it has something to do w/ the remote plug. Has anyone ever made a conversion like this? Any help is appreciated!!

I would like to do the same to my 1976 (I believe) 35 hp electric start Johnson. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Back