Logo

mercruiser gm 350 need diagram for alternator hookup

danthemancarolina

Contributing Member
IMG_20110727_200056.jpgIMG_20110727_195911.jpg87 wellcraft / IMG_20110725_140734.jpgIMG_20110725_140734.jpg 350 / IV breakerless ignition

i have the shop book. but the wiring to the alternator is not totally clear to me. I have the orange in the right place. need to know where the purple/red and purple wires connect. a picture would be superb.

also want to see a pic of starter wiring. I forgot to lable them when I pulled the engine this time. Just wanna make sure i dont fry somthing.
thanks
Dan

Last edited:
Thanks that was the ticket. One more question. I have flat tappet lifters can I do the breakin procedure OJ garden hose? I have very strong water pressure.

hi guys i have the same problem or similar i took the starter out and forgot to lable the wires , the engine is a 5.0 1998
the engine starts fine then dies because of fuel starvation , i have checked the fuel pump and it runs while cranking but as soon as the engine is running there is no power to the pump
so question is ther are four pins on the starter which wire goes where , have a yel/red , pur/yel , orange , red im ok with the red and orange i think
thanks

hi guys i have the same problem or similar i took the starter out and forgot to lable the wires , the engine is a 5.0 1998 <BR>the engine starts fine then dies because of fuel starvation , i have checked the fuel pump and it runs while cranking but as soon as the engine is running there is no power to the pump <BR>so question is ther are four pins on the starter which wire goes where , have a yel/red , pur/yel , orange , red im ok with the red and orange i think<BR>thanks

Yes,

It is safe to run a boat on a garden hose but keep it under 3000 rpms.............
well, i tried and tried to start the motor. but to no avail. I had the number one lined up perfectly and nothing. I then advanced the dist a bit at a time. I did get a backfire pop. But just cant get it to keep ticking. anything I should look for other than the wiring to the dist??? p.s. everything on this motor is brand new. with the exception of the wiring harness. should i start a new thread?

Last edited:
Back