Logo

125 force hard to start in water

chrisbayliner

i find it hard getting my engine started in the water but when i lift the engine out it will start fine then i would just lower back in.. it also sounds like it missing when ideling but it running good will do about 37 with a few people in it

Sounds like it needs a tune up. And needs to be done in a tank not with the muffs and waterhose. The only good way of cleaning carbs is to get a manual and tear them completely down and use chem dip on the acceptable parts. No plastics or rubber.

woud it be wise just taking it to someone that knows what they are doen or would it cost a arm an a leg, also would it do any damage not getting it sorted now as i would maybe wait get it done over the winter period

I would say that if you took it to someone that you would be looking about 100$ a carb if you have them off the motor. And if the didn't have to get any parts. Are you fairly handy? Can you take things apart and put them back together, right? It is allways best to have a manual to resort back to. Do all the spark plugs have good spark? And is the fuel good? I recomend using premium fuel and if you can find a gas station nearby that has fuel without ethenol ( good luck) that is a better choice. May check fuel lines and filter for clogage. There is not much to motors as long as compression, spark, and fuel are there then it should run.

i would like to try sort this my self but i dont have a manual.. if i took the carbs apart itl do them the world of good anyway wouldnt it?im not doen my engine any damage running like this am i

It will make a world of diffence if the carbs are gummed up. If you decide to do them just do one at a time so you have something to resort back to if you get lost. Also allways a good idea to take notes and pictures. A engine not running at full potential could cause internal damage. It is a risk, just have to justify everything. Hope this helps!

First, make sure parts are still aviable before taking some jets and things out of the carbs. I just started to get into mine a couple of days ago and there was not much if any varnishing at all. I think it is the oil and gas mix from preventing this from happening. But, if you do decide to look into them get a gasket kit at least. I would make sure the jets are free of debri and make sure float floats in water if you have a removable one. I think some may be pressed in im not 100 percent sure tho. there is such a thing as a carb sync tool. This is just really a vacume gage to get all the carbs on the same page so one cylinder isnt getting more than the other. This maybe all you need. If you get a manual it will or should show you how to set the carbs up to start with the rest is kinda a feel.

Back