Logo

water pump rebuilding question

arcane808

Aloha guys,
Thanks for the help in advance. My questions is regarding how to rebuild my sea water pump. I have a mercruiser 350 mpi horizon. The sea water pump and pulley is chirping loudly and wobbling. I asume this is bad. I suspect the bearing in the housing nose is at fault. I intend to replace everything from that bearing to the pulley. My question; is it possible to do this with the pump still mounted to the motor? Or will I have to remove it? And is it even worth it considering it will cost 200$ in parts when I could buy an entire new pump for 350$? Here is a link to the exact pump I have. http://www.mercurypart***press.com/us/parts-search.html#mr1154ar5368 Thanx everyone

link don't work, so maybe you can tell us what drive, i think i know.

But thinking you know something and knowing you know something is 2 different things.

That make sense ?

No offense but dont be foolish,

Replace NOT rebiuld............

Oh and chief.............AGAIN No clue..............INBOARD and/or INBOARD style water pump housing driven by a belt!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess you missed "PULLY"

READ, THINK, RESEARCH then reply

Yea well i was trying to teach him to include that info in the post asking for help.

Yea i knew what he had.

Oh Ghost give it up and please don't direct your anger to me, kick your dog, slap your wife, or go out and shoot yourself in the head, but one last time leave me the f alone.

Last time, then you will receive the full brunt of my anger.

That all you have ?

Pathetic, i feel sorry for you.

I'll send you a quarter and you can call dear abby, maybe she wants to see your posts.

Woaa profanity, now i know your desperate.

What you should really write is something like this.

You ain't chit, you were never chit, and guess what Ghost in the future you will still be nothing but chit.

I however am secure in who i am.

You never will be.

Back