Logo

Where To Find Coil for 15 Gamefisher

cushlax34

I recently bought a 15hp Gamefisher outboard motor model #225 581501 and i have no spark. after going through everything possible i assume that the coils have to be shot. i looked on the sears parts website and they no longer make the coils. does anyone kno where to find one?
Thanks Eric

Sadly your up against the Tecumseh twin CDI wall, if your motor is a good runner and the lower unit was in good shape I would suggest a new unit from CDI for about 250$ you could order it here at marine engines as they are a CDI dealer, if your motor is boarder line junk then not....however work is on going toward a cheap repair but Its a far cry from being a DIY at this point but here is the link to a work around, http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_110499/article.html
bear in mind that you will have to build this unit and locate and connect this unit to the trigger coils in each module.

There is other info available to you but you must be a member of the Eksayahoo group, check the sticky file under Eska for info

I ended up finding coils on ebay and installed them, but still no spark. At this point im lost if anyone can give any suggestions can help?
Has anyone else had spark problems in there gamefisher 15?

that would be a force built gamefisher, you have a BIM coils, there well know for there sparkless state of existence, you may have bought bad ones since they go bad just setting around.
google Force BIM coil and see what you find out, genrally brand knew ones from CDI will get you back in buisness $$$

my post up top is wrong, that fellow has the same coils as you....I didn't look close enough at his model number.... 225 are force built and 217's are ESka....sorry about the wrong info up there dudes :(

Last edited:
I also have a gamfisher 15 with coil problem----engine has 2 coils and one is defective. Mail me at [email protected] and I can give lots of info on subject coils. Today I am working on my problem.
Hello. I just recently purchased a 217 sears 15hp gamefisher. I'm having the same problem. It's not getting any spark. I would greatly appreciate your help or any info on fixing this engine. Thank you.

Back