Logo

prop seal question

zebbman

Contributing Member
1996 75 hp force outboard...changed all the lower unit seals except the prop shaft seals and o ring. not sure the process for doing it. pulled the prop and can se the seal but i would like to know hot to do it. thanks

2 different seals that go in there.Make sure you see which way they come out.
You might be able to drive them out from the other side.Or pry them out from the outside.
Just be carefull not to hurt the sealing surfaces.

??? Get a manual? Find a parts diagram?
I answered the seal question what did you need??
Profile?? You might be close to someone who can help???

walk before you run as i have always been told. needed to know how to pull the bearing carrier. i should have been more specific. sorry i thought this was the place to come for answers. buy a manual is not an answer. thanks, ill go back to iboats

Yup be more specific if you want the right answers.If you read the manual you might get answers.
I only can answer the questions you ask.

jerryjerry05,Do you know how much a 1985 johnson 185 timing can safly be advanced? My manual just tells me 28 degrees BTDC,I was just wondering if i can get a little more zip out of it!!I have ordered a new manual,the one i have now has alot of faded pages.I promise I will listen to the answer!!!!!!

Thanks cisco.The timing should be set to specs.Any real difference will cause pre-detonation or late detonation.
One can cause burned pistons the other carbon build up.
To get more speed I need to know what RPM's at WOT and what pitch prop you have.
Your motor should operate about 5400-5500 rpm's Lower that that and you use more gas.Higher you loose speed,performance. Oh yea start your own thread.J

Back