Logo

Mercury 60hp efi 2010 model

jasoncalleja

Regular Contributor
Hi all i have a mercury 60hp efi 2010 model it is installedan a 16ft rigid hull dinghy. I would like to know what is the fuel consumptionof it as i can’t find it on the mercury manual or specifications . Thanks Jason:confused:

It won't be in the manual because there is no way they could calculate the fuel consumption in every possible condition that the motor would be used.

"IN General" -

A 60 horse motor will burn 6 gallons per hour (about 23 liters) at wide open throttle if it's not trying to push "too much boat". Merc's 60 horse EFI four stroke is a little more efficient on fuel burning about 5 gallons per hour (19 1/2 liters).

I do have some "real world" test data on this model showing it mounted on a 16 foot Bayliner (about 1200 pounds of boat/motor/junk etc). At 5650 rpms it burned 5 gal/hr at a speed of 33.8 mph. At 5000 rpms it burned 4 gal/hr getting about 29 mph. At it's "cruise speed", 4000 rpms and 21 mph it burned 2.5 gal/hr. And if you drop down to "no wake speed", or about 7 mph (which is generally the speed in canals as well), consumption drops to 1.2 gallons per hour.

So, not specific to your rig, but may give you a bit of an idea. The only way to know how it will perform on your particular set-up is install a Floscan (or similar) and give it a run.

Back