Logo

Purpose For Toggle Switch on 2002 Nissan NS50D2

drbroadhead

I recently purchased a used boat with this outboard on it. I have no owners/service manual yet and noticed this low profile toggle switch on the front underside of the engine compartment. Seems to be only 2 positions for this switch/on or off. Can anyone tell me the reason for this switch? Thanks.

Dale

Hmm. There wasn't any toggle switch on that motor from the Factory. Could have been added by the PO... (s)He alone would know why. Trim would usually be a double-throw switch (neutral when released, then up one way / down the other).

I should have figured out it is a power trim switch. When I think about it, my 40 HSP Mercury back in the early nineties had one too. I've been away from the boating world for a number of years. This boat and motor (Catamaran Cruiser/50 hsp Nissan) I just purchased 2 months ago is challenging my skills. Every time I take a close look at something, I find more things wrong. The former owner bypassed the power trim relays (x 2) for some reason. My service manual is being shipped. I thank both of you for your expertise.

Back