Logo

Oil injection on yamaha 115 how to remove it

• Thread starter Danny Pendergrass
  • Start date
D

Danny Pendergrass

I have a 1987 yamaha 115 with

I have a 1987 yamaha 115 with oil injection
It will not shut off and over fills the tank on the engine. I have had several people tell me to take it off and mix the oil in the gas tank but I don't know what to remove. HELP!

" Danny,

The oil tank on th

" Danny,

The oil tank on the engine supplies oil to a pump on the port side of the block. Remove the hose that exits from the pump and plug it. Plug all nipples on the pump. Drain the oil from the tank on the engine and plug all hoses on the tank. Disconnect all electrical to both tanks, and plug all hoses.

I will look through the manual to see if I have left anything out, and post any further info here.

Tony "

" Danny,

After looking thro

" Danny,

After looking through some manuals, I see that on your engine, there should be an oil line from the pump on the engine to each cylinder separately. In that case, you should plug each line. You could snip the lines a couple of inches from each end and plug the short remaining pieces on the pump and intake manifold.

Tony "

yamahas oil injection is the best on the market. your trim sender is stuck in down position manualy move to up position remove float from tank on motor clean line up dots when instaling this will fix your problem

Back