Logo

force 85hp 1987 no fuel

droverjohn

i have a force 85hp which wont fire i have a spark on all cylinders the carbs have been replaced as the originals were corroded
the replacements are [wb] carbs the old ones were [we] could i have fitted the wrong carbs bought them on ebay and was told they would be good for the 85hp they have been stripped and cleaned and fuel is getting to the carbs but not the cylinders ,i have also had the compresion tested its approx95psi on all cylinders, please help,
john [uk]

Is the actual compression really only 95#? May be a bit low.Spray some oil in the cylinders and re-take the comp.Post the results.
Possible the needles have stuck in place.Try tilting the motor after you pump the ball firm.Float levels could be wrong.
Tilt it up and try to start it.Use the choke and if it fires/coughs or pops.Lower it and try to start it.J

hi thanks for getting back to me i will check it tommorow and let you no , i have water covering the water intakes on the gearbox do i need to cover the exhaust outlet ? my tanks not deep enough i wondered if this affects anything ,
thanks john

hi jerry tried it with the engine tilted up and it fires/coughs wont do it with the engine down update on the compression tried a friends tester it reads approx125/130 on all 3 cys ,i have removed the carbs to check the levels and noticed one of the reed valves is stuck open silt?
i have removed it and theres no damage to the alloy housing so will clean it up, any more suggestion would be appreciated,
john

hi i have reset the float levels and sorted the reed block also changed the primer bulb its running like a clock many thanks to all who helped [jerry jerry o5 ]
john

Back