Logo

Crusader Mechanic Northern Middle Tn or Southern KY

boomers45

I have a 42ft 1979 CarlCraft with twin 454's. I have not had any luck finding a boat mechanic that works on Crusaders in my area. Anyone know someone in my area?

Thanks
Ashley

"all things marine" in gallatin TN, shows up as the only dealer in your area; have you tried them yet?

Yes. I tried that and it looks like they are out of business. I never thought it would be this hard to find someone to work on an engine. Thanks though.

Shouldn't be that hard to find a qualified individual...One of our members, Chuck, is in your region though I think he's down at the "bottom" of TN. perhaps he will chime in with some local knowledge.

In the interim, i'd suggest asking around at your marina...look for an experienced independent mechanic...Unless you have a recent (newer engines) repower, very little specific "crusader insight" is required and all of that is in the service manual. if you all don't have one, our host here can supply one for a nominal fee. Use the 800 # at the top of the page.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Shouldn't be that hard to find a qualified individual...One of our members, Chuck, is in your region though I think he's down at the "bottom" of TN. perhaps he will chime in with some local knowledge.

In the interim, i'd suggest asking around at your marina...look for an experienced independent mechanic...Unless you have a recent (newer engines) repower, very little specific "crusader insight" is required and all of that is in the service manual. if you all don't have one, our host here can supply one for a nominal fee. Use the 800 # at the top of the page.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Thanks. Hopefully he will chime in. Everyone I have spoken with around here say "we don't work on crusaders". If you don't have a Mercruiser they don't want to even talk to you. Quite frustrating.

It seems like you will have to search deeper. I checked my links but have none for Crusader service but here is one from Crusader:

All Things Marine
461 Collier Ln
Gallatin, TN 37066
615-230-6787
[email protected]

Here a lead from Craig's List, perhaps he can refer someone to help.

[h=2]Marine Mechanic (Smithville)[/h]
Date: 2011-07-10, 10:20AM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP]
Retired marine mechanic 25yrs experience factory trained in Mercury, Mariner, Mercruiser, Force. Also work on Johnson, Evinrude, Westerbeke generators. Quality work at reasonable rates. Referals available. Please call (615) 529-3261.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
http://bgky.craigslist.org/search/mas?query=+

I am at Pickwick Lake on the Tennessee River. Our marina has a number of qualified mechanics that would be able to help you. What is your city and marina? What model Cruisader and year do you have? We have one mechanic named Terry Jones. He is really good. He has a truck that is well equipped but may not be interested in driving too far. You could give him a call. His number is? 662-231-5380 (cell). I also believe there is a mechanic at Paris Landing. This is a little closer to middle Tennessee.

Chuck Hanson

Thanks. Hopefully he will chime in. Everyone I have spoken with around here say "we don't work on crusaders". If you don't have a Mercruiser they don't want to even talk to you. Quite frustrating.

I think the translation of that response is something like "we could work on them, but we don't carry any Crusader-specific parts in stock and we really don't want to deal with that kind of hassle, even though a Chevy 454 is a Chevy 454 whether it says Crusader, Volvo Penta, OMC or Mercruiser on it. Besides, if we help you, then every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a Crusader powered boat will be in here eating away at our Brunswick kickbacks"

I am at Pickwick Lake on the Tennessee River. Our marina has a number of qualified mechanics that would be able to help you. What is your city and marina? What model Cruisader and year do you have? We have one mechanic named Terry Jones. He is really good. He has a truck that is well equipped but may not be interested in driving too far. You could give him a call. His number is? 662-231-5380 (cell). I also believe there is a mechanic at Paris Landing. This is a little closer to middle Tennessee.

Chuck Hanson

Thanks. I will check him out and see if he is interested or at least maybe refer me to someone close. I have my boat up on Barren River Lake in KY. Its about 30 mins from the TN state line where I live.

I think the translation of that response is something like "we could work on them, but we don't carry any Crusader-specific parts in stock and we really don't want to deal with that kind of hassle, even though a Chevy 454 is a Chevy 454 whether it says Crusader, Volvo Penta, OMC or Mercruiser on it. Besides, if we help you, then every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a Crusader powered boat will be in here eating away at our Brunswick kickbacks"

you are probably right :)

It seems like you will have to search deeper. I checked my links but have none for Crusader service but here is one from Crusader:

All Things Marine
461 Collier Ln
Gallatin, TN 37066
615-230-6787
[email protected]

Here a lead from Craig's List, perhaps he can refer someone to help.

[h=2]Marine Mechanic (Smithville)[/h]
Date: 2011-07-10, 10:20AM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP]
Retired marine mechanic 25yrs experience factory trained in Mercury, Mariner, Mercruiser, Force. Also work on Johnson, Evinrude, Westerbeke generators. Quality work at reasonable rates. Referals available. Please call (615) 529-3261.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
http://bgky.craigslist.org/search/mas?query=+

Thank you! I will check him out.

One more suggestion; I have had good luck with a local automotive mechanic in Vicksburg, MS where there were no marine machanics. There are obviously some important differences in marine and automotive running gear, but he should be able to work you through it on most engine issues.

Chuck

Back