Logo

volvo penta aq130 water pump seal impeller question

Doogietroudt

New to the boat world Have done alot of work on my boat.. I got water in my oil and it seems the culprit is the water pump seals.. Today I ordered a new impeller kit. Has new impeller, gaskets,oring, and 2 seals.. So my question is is there any kind of lube thats supposed to be on the seals?? I have built many cars and transmissions ect.. what and is there supposed to be lube on these seals on install?? I did notice the old seals were dry.. The impeller shaft has a cut around it.. Im going to smooth it up with some 600 grit sandpaper.. Any Help or in put would be great!!!

Yes lube the seals in you want.
The shaft:how deep is the cut?Too deep and it will suck air making the pump useless.
Assemble it and try blowing thru it as you turn it.ANY air and the shaft should be replaced.
What shape is the cover and inside of the pump? Deep grooves(no good).The eccentric cam can be replaced too.
Post some close up pics.J

i will get some pics when i can busy time of year for work wise.. sucks no time for boat.. but the cover i think can be sanded down with fine grit same with the shaft. but it does have one cut in it pretty deep wont sand out.. the cam is smooth..

The cam would be smooth.It wears down and looses shape.If the shaft has deep cuts(to save $) it can be filled with liquid metal and worked down.

Back