Logo

Tohatsu Parts

Hello Shawn.
I have to be honest here. I have not worked on the M8A, just the 70A2. I do however have an impeller for the M8A that sells for $35. I do not have a key for the key way that hold the impeller in place, but if you can get some exact measurements for me, I can mill some brass for you if it's a plain square key, or if it's a cast key but it has broke, I can remake one for you. No charge for the key if you let me know what you want done.
I can tell you about how to go about taking the pump case off my Tohatsu and hopefully, yours will be similar, but the best people to talk to are pvanv or tohatsu_guru. They are the Gods with these engines and they will be able to describe the disassembly of your motor nut by nut. Better than than list to me and possibly make a mess of something.
I'm sorry that I can't help you with the information you need, but I would rather you get the information from the guys that do this job every day. I would hate to lead you up the garden path. I also have some gasket material so if you can tell me the thickness and get a drawing to me I'll cut one for you. Alternatively, if you can't buy the gaskets for it anymore, I'll throw some gasket material in the box for you so you can cut your own.
I hope this helps and let me know how you go.
All the best and Merry Christmas,
Scott.

Hi Shawn.
Sorry about the full inbox. It's a big problem only having 50 messages in the mailbox.
I'll go and try to clear some messages to make room, but in the meantime, I can send your impellers straight away and they should be at your door in ten days or so.
I hope your Christmas day went well for you and your family.
Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Kat, I too would like to purchase an impeller for the 70A2. How can I purchase one along with any other part usually nessary for a water pump rebuild. Thanks, Phil

Hello.
Sorry for the late reply. I have just come back from a call out where I had to go to an oil rig for a week. I have received lots of emails from people who have not received their units or have not heard from me for a week or more. I will spend the weekend chasing up orders and replying to emails so please be patient. I will endeavor to reply to you all personally as soon as possible. This is a bulk message sent to everyone so you all know what's going on.
All the best,
Scott.

Scott,

Any change in availability of water pump parts since last fall? Thanks!

Peter in SC

"Scott, how do I order from you? Can you help with these parts? I have a '86 70A2 that runs great, needs water pump impeller (& gaskets, I presume; I don't know, I've never changed it myself) and tilt trim valve body (I'm not sure which part, so I listed both). SN for my motor is 360-23318. Thanks! Weareallnuts in SC

353650210 - water pump impeller
353650221 - water pump key
353650110 - pump case liner
353650290 - pump guide plate gasket
353650250 - water pump guide plate
345602230 - pump case oil seal
345650150 - pump case lower, o-ring
353650180 - pump case gasket
345652060 - water pipe seal rubber upper
334650140 - water pipe seal rubber lower
3a3771500M - P Type Power Trim / Tilt OR
353771400M - F Type Power Trim / Tilt"

kat69 Re: Tohatsu Parts
Hello Weareallnuts.
I can certainly help you most of those items and I usually take the order and accept payment through Paypal. I hope that will be OK with you.
The items I can help you with are;
Impeller and pump key kit - $50US
Pump case with built in case liner and pump case water seal lower - $90US
Pump case gasket - $5US
Pump case lower 'O' ring - $5US
The pump case oil seal I will be able to source for you but I do not have a price yet.
I'm afraid I do not have to water pipe seal upper and lower. I recently worked on this motor and could not source those seals, but I was able to purchase a piece of urethane hose tube with an adequate inner and outer diameter. I cut these to length and held them in place with some epoxy. They worked perfectly and as the water is not under any pressure like a car engine, there were no problems with leaks. If you are willing to give this a try, I will cut a piece off for you and throw it in the box.
I also do not make a guide plate. That might be your biggest hurdle as I have not seen any around. I have one guide plate that I can use as a template if you want me to get some quotes for someone to make one, or I can copy the outline of the guide plate and leave it in the box for you to use as a template. My long term project is to make a lower pump case with the guide plate as one unit made of urethane, but these are not available yet.
Sorry to say that I do not sell tilt/trim kits.
Postage for this will come to $12US
I hope I can help with any further inquiries."

I can now supply all of those parts except the power tilt items and the upper rubber seal for the water pipe. I'm trying to catch up with a backlog at the moment. I have all hands on deck over here! Even Mum and Dad are here keeping an eye on the kids while I go full tilt at making parts and getting orders ready. I hope to be up to date by the end of the weekend and then everything I make will be listed as I make them rather than listing ten at a time and manufacturing to suit the orders. If you let me know what you want, I'll get them made as soon as possible and put them in a separate listing for you.
All the best,
Scott.

Kar69...I need pairs for a nissian 1989 50hp motor. Liner impeller pump case seal gasket and gasket plate. Do you have any of those? Thank you, turkey51_2000.

Hi scott...I have a 50c 1989 nissian...the items i need are liner,impeller,pump case,seal,gasket,gasket plate. If you can send me a price list of the items and i will pay you by paypal. Thank you for your help! Turkey51_2000...email address if needed [email protected].

Hello Bill.
I can whip one of those up straight away. I am still waiting for materials to make the impellers for that motor but I have some urethane available so I can go ahead with your pump cover. I also include the small rubber plug that you slide the bottom of the feed pipe into. I charge $85 for the cover and that comes with a built in sleeve so you will not need your stainless steel sleeve anymore. Postage to the US is $12 for that unit.
Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any other queries. That is the address that I keep my orders on.
Thank you very much for your inquiry,
Best regards,
Scott.

scott, I'd also like to get an impeller,gasket for pump case,gasket for guide plate, o-ring for lower pump case ,oil seal for lower pump pump case. all items for ns55b. please send prices for that you have. have you made any guide plates?

Like every one else im looking for a water pump impeller for a 8 hp tohatsu M8A. I believe its an 1985. Does anyone have a old part number for this so i can cross reference it with a Sierra part number? the one they sent me from Sierra was part number 18-8923....its to big around the shaft. Needing major help here.

Scott, it's been two years since we communicated. Are you still making the Tohatsu 70 parts? Are you making any additional parts now? Please send me current pricing and how I'd go about ordering and paying you. Thanks! Peter in SC

Scott,

Any change in availability of water pump parts since last fall? Thanks!

Peter in SC

"Scott, how do I order from you? Can you help with these parts? I have a '86 70A2 that runs great, needs water pump impeller (& gaskets, I presume; I don't know, I've never changed it myself) and tilt trim valve body (I'm not sure which part, so I listed both). SN for my motor is 360-23318. Thanks! Weareallnuts in SC

353650210 - water pump impeller
353650221 - water pump key
353650110 - pump case liner
353650290 - pump guide plate gasket
353650250 - water pump guide plate
345602230 - pump case oil seal
345650150 - pump case lower, o-ring
353650180 - pump case gasket
345652060 - water pipe seal rubber upper
334650140 - water pipe seal rubber lower
3a3771500M - P Type Power Trim / Tilt OR
353771400M - F Type Power Trim / Tilt"

kat69 Re: Tohatsu Parts
Hello Weareallnuts.
I can certainly help you most of those items and I usually take the order and accept payment through Paypal. I hope that will be OK with you.
Pump case gasket - $5US
The pump case oil seal I will be able to source for you but I do not have a price yet.
I'm afraid I do not have to water pipe seal upper and lower. I recently worked on this motor and could not source those seals, but I was able to purchase a piece of urethane hose tube with an adequate inner and outer diameter. I cut these to length and held them in place with some epoxy. They worked perfectly and as the water is not under any pressure like a car engine, there were no problems with leaks. If you are willing to give this a try, I will cut a piece off for you and throw it in the box.
I also do not make a guide plate. That might be your biggest hurdle as I have not seen any around. I have one guide plate that I can use as a template if you want me to get some quotes for someone to make one, or I can copy the outline of the guide plate and leave it in the box for you to use as a template. My long term project is to make a lower pump case with the guide plate as one unit made of urethane, but these are not available yet.
I hope I can help with any further inquiries."

Hello echtblech.
I am still making those impellers if you are interested. I am in Australia so postage may take up to twelve days depending on your location.
Best regards,
Scott Lintern.

Having been away working overseas all of my plastics work had fallen to the wayside. I am now back home and working on parts again. The cores are now made using carbon fiber and the urethane no longer has any pigment so they are a clear, honey color. I found the pigment was allowing the urethane to crack. I don't know if it was getting between the urethane molecules while curing but without the pigment the urethane is much tougher than before. Thank goodness! I was hitting my head against a brick wall for a while as it wasn't living up the manufacturer’s claims. For some reason I'm not receiving messages from here on my emails, so feel free to message me on my facebook page karbonwerx (Australia). Thanks everyone,
Scott.

I'm thinking of getting a load of stainless steel impeller guide plates made for me but the setup costs are a bit prohibitive. Do you guys with the Tohatsu/Nissan two strokes think it would be worth it? The finished product will end up selling for $25 a piece. Thanks in advance for any input.
Best regards,
Scott Lintern.

are you still working with Tohatsu parts?

Kat69 -- are you still working with 80's Tohatsu parts? Started my motor yesterday after layup, t/t motor runs, but tilt down was delayed, then ok, then sluggish; ditto going up. I removed bottom plug, side plug from t/t unit. Drained unit, lifted the leg, out popped two small washers and approx 3/32" thick disc from the lower drain hole. Can you direct me as to how they go back in??? How to trouble shoot the t/t? I obviously put the cart before the horse, draining the unit before finding out how to troubleshoot the unit... I was thinking I'd refill with fresh ATF and see if that solved the problem. Thanks, Weareallnuts in South Carolina

Hello Weareallnuts.
Pump case gasket - $5US
I hope I can help with any further inquiries.

Best regards,
Scott.

Hah! I just read your last post
icon11.png

It all started when I needed parts and could not find them I made my own and then thought of all the other people in the world that must be having the same problem. It all roller coaster-ed from there!
I have talked to Tohatsu America about not servicing the customers of older engines, and they want to help but they can not get anyone to produce parts for such small runs. I have been asked to supply Tohatsu US with impellers (which was very kind of them to ask) but I just could not put out the numbers they might want. They forward people on to me so hopefully, most people can get the parts they need after a few calls. I have to increase my number of molds as I have been overwhelmed with orders so I will have a production line working soon instead of the three or four a day.
Have a great day.
Could I order a case liner

Back