Logo

Tohatsu Parts

kat69

Regular Contributor
Hello.
I am currently building up a supply of 'out of stock' parts for Tohatsu models. I currently have the impeller and pump case (no stainless cup required) for the 55B, 50C, 60A and 70A2. I am currently working on the plate and lower pump half. I also have the impeller for the smaller M6A, M8A and M9.8A.
My request to everyone out there is if you have a part that you think can be recast and you can not get it from any suppliers, please pm me. If I do not have the part and it seems like a viable part to recast, I can do my best at restoring your part and I will send back a working, urethane copy at no cost to you except postage. That way, you get a working unit as well as a contact to purchase more in the future, and it gives me the opportunity to make a mold of the part so I can increase my inventory. I work with silicon, urethane (can be made as soft as jelly or as hard as a bowling ball), resin, fiberglass and carbon fiber. This offer is not confined to boat parts as I like the thought of keeping old machinery running. Old motorbikes, vintage cars, the lot. As long as the part is not made by the original manufacturer, therefor no copyright issues, I am happy to recast it.
I hope I can help you in the future.

Best regards,
Scott (kat69)

Hi Brandon.

I have some impellers and pump cases on the shelf but all of the impellers have pre-sold. I can make an impeller for you straight away but I like to hold on to them for a few weeks to make sure they have completely cured before I release them. The impeller sells for $50US and the pump case sells for $90US but if you buy both, I cover postage. Both units are made of urethane so they have a much longer service life when compared to the standard rubber impeller. Payment can be processed through Paypal or direct deposit. If you wish to go ahead, I will send you a private message with those details.
Many thanks for your inquiries.
Best regards,
Scott.

Hello Oldbert35.

I have just finished retooling for that impeller so I'm afraid I don't have any on the shelf yet. I have started making them but I have a backlog to get sorted out first.
If you don't mind waiting, I will contact you when I have some ready to send. All things being well, I will have surplus in two weeks but they will not be able to be installed straight away as the urethane needs time to cure.
The price is $50 for the impeller and postage for up to four impellers comes to $12 to send to the US.
If I do not contact you in the next two weeks, feel free to drop me a line to see how things are going.

Best regards,
Scott.

Hello Oldbert35.
No problems at all. I have you on my list of return emails so I'll get back to you ASAP.
Thanks very much,
Scott.

Hello.
I am currently building up a supply of 'out of stock' parts for Tohatsu models. I currently have the impeller and pump case (no stainless cup required) for the 55B, 50C, 60A and 70A2. I am currently working on the plate and lower pump half. I also have the impeller for the smaller M6A, M8A and M9.8A.
My request to everyone out there is if you have a part that you think can be recast and you can not get it from any suppliers, please pm me. If I do not have the part and it seems like a viable part to recast, I can do my best at restoring your part and I will send back a working, urethane copy at no cost to you except postage. That way, you get a working unit as well as a contact to purchase more in the future, and it gives me the opportunity to make a mold of the part so I can increase my inventory. I work with silicon, urethane (can be made as soft as jelly or as hard as a bowling ball), resin, fiberglass and carbon fiber. This offer is not confined to boat parts as I like the thought of keeping old machinery running. Old motorbikes, vintage cars, the lot. As long as the part is not made by the original manufacturer, therefor no copyright issues, I am happy to recast it.
I hope I can help you in the future.

Best regards,
Scott (kat69)

Scott, how do I order from you? Can you help with these parts? I have a '86 70A2 that runs great, needs water pump impeller (& gaskets, I presume; I don't know, I've never changed it myself) and tilt trim valve body (I'm not sure which part, so I listed both). SN for my motor is 360-23318. Thanks! Weareallnuts in SC

353650210 - water pump impeller
353650221 - water pump key
353650110 - pump case liner
353650290 - pump guide plate gasket
353650250 - water pump guide plate
345602230 - pump case oil seal
345650150 - pump case lower, o-ring
353650180 - pump case gasket
345652060 - water pipe seal rubber upper
334650140 - water pipe seal rubber lower
3a3771500M - P Type Power Trim / Tilt OR
353771400M - F Type Power Trim / Tilt

By the way, Scott, you are the MAN for taking the initiative to make these parts. It's a shame that Tohatsu has abandoned its customers by discontinuing parts for the 1980's motors. What a waste!
Thank you! Weareallnuts in South Carolina

Hello Weareallnuts.
I can certainly help you most of those items and I usually take the order and accept payment through Paypal. I hope that will be OK with you.
The items I can help you with are;
Impeller and pump key kit - $50US
Pump case with built in case liner and pump case water seal lower - $90US
Pump case gasket - $5US
Pump case lower 'O' ring - $5US
The pump case oil seal I will be able to source for you but I do not have a price yet.
I'm afraid I do not have to water pipe seal upper and lower. I recently worked on this motor and could not source those seals, but I was able to purchase a piece of urethane hose tube with an adequate inner and outer diameter. I cut these to length and held them in place with some epoxy. They worked perfectly and as the water is not under any pressure like a car engine, there were no problems with leaks. If you are willing to give this a try, I will cut a piece off for you and throw it in the box.
I also do not make a guide plate. That might be your biggest hurdle as I have not seen any around. I have one guide plate that I can use as a template if you want me to get some quotes for someone to make one, or I can copy the outline of the guide plate and leave it in the box for you to use as a template. My long term project is to make a lower pump case with the guide plate as one unit made of urethane, but these are not available yet.
Sorry to say that I do not sell tilt/trim kits.
Postage for this will come to $12US
I hope I can help with any further inquiries.

Best regards,
Scott.

Hah! I just read your last post
icon11.png

It all started when I needed parts and could not find them I made my own and then thought of all the other people in the world that must be having the same problem. It all roller coaster-ed from there!
I have talked to Tohatsu America about not servicing the customers of older engines, and they want to help but they can not get anyone to produce parts for such small runs. I have been asked to supply Tohatsu US with impellers (which was very kind of them to ask) but I just could not put out the numbers they might want. They forward people on to me so hopefully, most people can get the parts they need after a few calls. I have to increase my number of molds as I have been overwhelmed with orders so I will have a production line working soon instead of the three or four a day.
Have a great day.

By the way, Scott, you are the MAN for taking the initiative to make these parts. It's a shame that Tohatsu has abandoned its customers by discontinuing parts for the 1980's motors. What a waste!
Thank you! Weareallnuts in South Carolina

It's about production numbers rather than "abandoning" anyone. That model engine was great in it's day, but....It's time is past. Just like any other engine that's 20 years old.

*And yes I know that someone's best friend has an uncle who knows a guy from prsion that has a brother who has a Evinrude that's 3000 years old that runs on papermache and twine:)

Hi richardpad.
Yep no problems there. I am currently getting over a backlog so if you do not mind waiting a week or so, I will have some more available.
They sell for $50 each and postage to the US comes to $12. It usually takes approximately ten days to get to your door step.
I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Scott.

Scott, I have sent the money through paypal to your account. Gave you a little tip thanks. Can you give me a tracking number after you ship it.

Hey Scott hope All is well. I see a lot have asked to purchase same impeller I need. You asked me to contact you if I had not heard from youI still need two impellers and one housing for a 50c tohatsu.Please provide info on where to send$$$ and how to go about it.thanks Oldbert

No problems. I am currently getting in contact with all of the people that have ordered an impeller and had to wait while I was retooling. I currently have about twenty units on the shelf, though some have not completeted curing. I can part with a few every day so that is how I am contacting people. I'll drop you a pm with payment details.
All the best,
Scott.

Hey Scott,
Got the impellar installed worked great.Thanks for the fast shipping and communications.I also went to a local marine shop and gave them your information so if they run into the same problem i did. Thanks for thinking about us prisoners running these 3000 year old motors that run off of papermache and twine:)

Hello Richard.
Glad to hear your impeller is working well for you! It's always great to hear positive feedback and thanks very much for passing my details onto your local marine shop. All of my work so far has been word of mouth so good referrals are like gold to me.
I know what you mean about keeping the antiquated engines going. I've hit a brick wall once or twice while rebuilding an engine and it can really stop the job dead in its tracks. I can't see the sense in throwing out a perfectly working unit when it only needs a standard replacement part. It's not Tohatsu's fault, its just that their supplier will not fill orders unless they are huge and these items only sell once or twice a week.
If you come across any other parts made of plastic that are obsolete and stall your job, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. I'm always looking for outmoded parts to increase my inventory.
Best regards and thanks again,
Scott.

G/day scott .mate i have an earlier model tohatsu m70a in which i'm chasing an empeller. The difference with the one's you make is they are held in place with a pin which sits on a flat machined into the shaft[no key or keyway]. I would be able to adapt your impellers to suit mine. Could you give me all info on ordering etc. Also a piece of that poly tubing would come in handy

Hi JOHNWAIN.

No problems at all. I can get an impeller to you as well as a piece of tube. I'll drop you a pm to work things out.

Best regards,
Scott.

By the way JOHNWAIN, if your impeller has a different core to the 70A2, I can modify if you wish. If you can get the core to me, I will make a new core to suit your at no charge.
All the best,
Scott.

Hello Scott,
I have a 83 Tohatsu M8A and my impeller is given it up. I'm looking for everything reuired to change it and wanted to know if you have the parts I require? I haven't taken it apart before so this will be the first time I am attempting this and I want to make sure I have all the parts before taking it apart. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Shawn

Back