Logo

Royal outboard

steamfitter

I was given a Royal outboard and am trying to restore it as best as I can. Serial# 300020 Model#2a7. From what I have looked up that it was made by Gale outboards around 1953-54. Is there a manual for this engine? everything seams to be in good shape, but before running wanted to check the water pump impeller, wandering were it is located. It is not in a normal location. Any other info that you could tell me would be help-full.

Looks more like a 1950 or possible 49 model 5hp. Go to http://www.aomci.org/ and someone there will know where to find the pump. Likely will put up a parts diagram for you also. The 49-50 models had an older style coil that is known to fail and ooze black crud over the coil plate. If the coil is not plastic it is the older style. Hard to find replacements but there is a way to take it apart and replace it with the newer units.

Royal Atlas is what I find, there is some model info here and you maybe able to use the gale information to, drill down to marine and boat engines. user name: marshall password: public

Can anyone give advice on what I have done? My neighbor needed a tire for his lawn tractor so I traded a set of 4 tires that I was wondering how to get rid of for what I thought might have been some scrap aluminun. Turns out it was a small outboard motor. From what I can see it just needs cleaned up. The tag on it says Royal model 2At and serial # is 301702. Was this a good motor, would parts even be available if I may want to rebuild? Kinda new at boating so any info would be greatly appreciated.

I will speculate its a 1950 Gale 2A7 and the 7 looks like a T, value is in the eye of the beholder, if its pretty and red I would keep it and tinker, new water wobble pump, maybe need coils and condensers $$$ and a clean up on the points and carb kit and float,, you can find plenty good used parts and NOS parts, but be patient and don't pay a arm and leg for them, those Gale motors commonly go for 20$ and up at AOMCI meets.. but just maybe you have found your new addiction LOL I got a thing for Gales myself ;) have fun

Are you Gary? .. Kimcrwbrt1?? Geesh!!every post you toss them out as if you were a fricken share holder,, everybody knows these guys will rake your arse for the smallest item,
Look www.marineengines.com ... the people who provided this nice forum??? will have many of the parts needed , if you need a water pump just let me know, I have many NOS wobblers and will give you one. Have a nice day ;)

Back