Logo

Oil cooler O-rings not sealing

Tonisher

Hey everybody. I have an issue for some reason the oil cooler o-rings are not sealing properly. I was wondering if anybody has come across this in the past. Both lines that go to the oil cooler where leaking when I bought the boat. The boat has been sitting for 5 years. I have replace the inlet o-ring to the oil cooler, but it still leaking. I think the back one will seal haven't done the repair yet. Engine is currently running hot and I believe it because of the o-rings not sealing. Thanks in advice for all the help let me know if you need more information.

1972 Glastron V164
AQ130C/270

Are you talking about the o-rings that seal the brass ends to the painted assembly or are you talking about the smaller square cut rings around the supply and exit water pipes?

Last edited:
For every one else-All of those pesky "o" rings either on the flared pipes or oil coolers work best when put on CLEAN surfaces with axel grease. No sealer, no silicone. If you bent something to get it lose, you must bend it back exactly so it fits with little or no side load on the "O" ring. They hate that.

Back