Logo

43.GLPBYC Wont Fire

waterx117

Okay, so this boat was working and the fuel pump went out. Had a clogged fuel line as well. Finally, the fuel pump is changed out and new fuel line installed. I went ahead and changed out the fuel pump relay and the automatic fuse while I was at it. I bought them to ensure I wouldnt have to wait if the pump wasnt the only issue. I am now getting fuel through the carb. But it wont fire. Fully charged battery and just tries to start but never does. I thought maybe it was just flooded and waited about an hour, but same thing. Any thoughts where I should go from here?

Went back out there. I hate being defeated. I started at the beginning checking all connections. I had not tightened a couple fittings very well and it was sucking air. I tightened the clamp on the fuel line coming from the tank to the fuel pump. Was sucking air. Fired up and ran really rough. Check further and found fuel below the carb. Noticed I had tightened the metal fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb but not the fitting that holds the fuel screen in the carb as well as connects to the above metal line from the fuel pump. Now seems to idle much smoother. Only idling at about 400 RPM out of the water on the muffs. Seems it may be a bit low. I am going back to the owners manual to check for idle RPMs.

650-700rpms. Good to see you worked through the problems. Recheck all the connections again before you go adjusting the carb. Also, play with the mixture screws a bit to see if your rpms come up at all.

Back