Logo

1980 johnson 25hp???

shawnfish

Regular Contributor
im replacing the low speed adjustment valve needle, how far do i screw it in so its installed correctly? until it wont go in further??? please help!!

Gently till it won't go in any further , then out 1-1/2 turns.-----------Then you must adjust with boat in the water,motor warmed up and in gear.

perfect! thanks... now there is no water coming from the tell tale. i ran it in the garage(in a tank) to see if the low speed adj. needle was my problem and it revved and choked without immediateley dying but noticed no water from the tell tale. any ideas?

Water must be well above the pump itself !!!-----------they are not self priming.---------------------Just install a new impeller if it has not been done recently.

Water must be well above the pump itself !!!-----------they are not self priming.---------------------Just install a new impeller if it has not been done recently.

new last fall, how high should the water be? ive tested it in the same tank before and the water came out of the tell tale. pretty sure the intake is just above the cavitation? plate...

NO, NO----------- you need to submerge the pump itself.-------------Submerging the intake is not good enuff !!!!-------Then again is the motor actually running hot or is it the tell tale hose / fittings are plugged.

where is the pump? the motor is as far in the water in the tank as it is in the lake on my boat.....i will check the hose and fittings and post shortly. thanks...

Pump sits on top of the lower unit --------Water must be 6" above the joint between exhaust housing and lower unit.-----------IS THE MOTOR RUNNING HOT ?????

i might be able to tell if i could let it run, im not doing that until it pisses water. you dont have to use your caps, i can hear ya....

Back