Logo

90hp Merc Power Tower

guido2

Regular Contributor
Can anyone give me an opinion on this nicely restored 5032893 Mercury? Not sure if they put the correct decals on it, but it looks great inside and out. Were these a good motor? It has the I.O. type trim/tilt. Wondering if the Mercury lovers give this model a good rating.......maybe a value on it? It runs beautifully, tremendous torque. I have a buyer for the boat but doesn't want the motor, he wants to put his own 115 Johnson on the boat instead. Thanks a million for any imput. TimMercury 90 power tower.jpg

Check the compression w/the throttle wide open on a warm engine and record it; someone will ask for it. I would ask for $2,995.00 OBO.

Great motor, I just bought a nearly identical motor #5032497. I'm doing some preventive maintenance on it before I get it out on the water, hopefully I'll be out there within a month or so.

I noticed that your cowling is from several years earlier, not sure the specific year.

They're incorrect aftermarket decals, not original Mercury graphics but it doesn't matter anyway. Keep the full throttle rpm's down on this engine to 4800-5200 rpm's, the later 900's were ported differently, made great torque but went lean if you twisted them higher like a 115. I think that engine is only around for 1978-1979.

Yes, that was me, Mr. Scott, a few years back. I really started here like in 2009. Sold complete boat and motor for $2500 to a game warden up in Bad River WI. He loved it.

Last edited:
Back