Logo

no water comin out- 94' 100 hp. 2 stroke o/b MM.shut down 4 now

Sandman26

Contributing Member
anyone , where can i start ?impeller was replaced 2 yrs. ago. drifted over a sandbar and i believe some sand & silt or debris got in there. do i have to drop the lower unit ? if so does the gear lube have to come out 1st.?what about the prop? i'm not sure where to start. shut down 4 now.

The impeller should be replaced every two years regardless.IMO.$20 what the hell. No you do not need to drain the lower unit oil to drop the lower unit.Just put both the lower unit and control box in the same gear when assembling.But if it's two years since an oil change,another $10.Prop not affected nor does it need to be removed. Only thing,take it slow,and a few pics.Everything works out then.Hopefully:D:D

thanx for the start,i was lookin @the prop and i think it requires a special wrench to get it off .maybe its locked so i'm glad i didn't waste time there.It looks like a McArd. So I'll just go ahead and drop the L-U. I always c/o the gear case oil @ the end of the season regardless.now i know to c/o the impeller every other yr.thanx again.

o.k. , dropped the L-U and carefully removed the w/p housing,impeller looks good,I'll try to send pix.should I c/o anyway now that I've come this far ?

Well as you have come this far,and not have to worry about for another two years.Then before you put it back together give the water pipe a blast with air to clear any debris that she may have picked up on the sandbar.

well, U were absolutely correct. 19.99 for the impeller.didn't have to drop the gear lube or take off the prop. It was tough gettin' the L-U back on though. it "snapped " back in sort of when it was within an inch of mating with the engine.One more question ......Now that it's workin fine againthere's only one difference....the prop is spinning fast in neutral....ya know in the driveway with the muffs on....is that ok.?

Expert? I wish,but thanks for the compliment. When in forward the prop locks one way ratchets the other,in reverse,locks both ways and in neutral spins freely.

You have to take the lower unit off again.------------This time make sure it is in forward and the control in forward when you assemble.------Also have someone turn the flywheel slowly to engage the crankshaft splines properly.

i reassembled in neutral,is that o.k. ?she started up and seems to be properly working this time.all this checks out better this time,i have gear selection this time,before only frwd.hit you back when i take it out for a test spin.

took the boat out for a test ride and she performed great ,in fact she sounds better than before.thanx a whole bunch to the guys who helped me.really lookin' forward to fishing this week on my vacation.

Back