Logo

1996 150 Johnson Ocean Runner(No spark on one bank)

bseverini

I have a 1996 Johnson Ocean Runner model number j150exedb. I am getting no spark on 2 of the 3 on ones side and the 3rd is so low it wont even work. What can I do?

park was test with gap at 7/16 gap

Right Side Left Side
110, good spark 110, NO Spark
110, good spark 120, Weak Spark
110, good spark 110, NO Spark

So the new problem is the left side is not getting any spark at all. I checked the Shift switch and it seams to be working fine. The RPM are lower when it is pressed. I did a light test on the wire from the right side and there is steady power going to the right side of coils. But on the left side there is no power from the wires going to the Coils. The Power pack was put in last year Manufactured in 2008. I checked the connections in all the wire but they seam to be all connected well. does anyone have a wire diagram they could post or send me in email [email protected] for the coil and all the wires? Not sure what to check now. Please PLEASE HELP......

sounds like your power pack is working,or youwould not have power on one side.either your coils are bad on that side or its a problem with the wires from your power pack to that side of the engine.

Back