Logo

tohatsu m40d new water pump losing water before it gets to upper part of motor

I just changes my water pump because i noticed that the motor was not pissing. After changing it it is still not pissing but it is pumping water out of a drain hole just below the plastic trim piece that covers the bolts that you would take off to remove upper unit

You probably did not align the water tube with the grommet in the upper wp housing, and are likely just pumping water into the driveshaft housing.

thanks to both of you for replying. There WAS a blockage, my old waterpump was pretty ate up and im sure it was a small piece from that. I removed the lower unit again and backwashed the system through the tell tale hose. There is now water flowing. however this motor has never pumped water very hard, is there something i am missing? Does this motor have a thermostat? Where is it located? Thanks for the help.

ok i figured out that i had lost a cylender, turns out that i was pumping alot of water into my lower cylender and little into my middle one. I changed the head gasket and had the head shaved. I am still having the same problem any ideas on what this could be?

Back