Logo

1985 CH350...454 Torque specifications?

mabbott

Hi,

I am looking for an online reference for the torques specifications for the exhaust manifold, risor and elbow for 1986 CH350...454. Can anyone assist?

TIA

Search this forum using keyword search....everything you are looking for has been discussed since I've been around. Based on memory, they are all 'standard' values so if you have an old chiltons manual with suggests based on fastener sizes and materials, you could use that, too.

20 lb-ft. The exhaust WILL need retightening after the first hot/cold cycle. does this count as an "on line reference"?

Yes, it counts as an on line reference and thank you. I was thinking of a document that states the spec. for each particular bolt. Is the 20 lb-ft. for the 1/2" risor nuts and 5/16" elbow bolts also?

The manifold bolts are 3/8-16. The studs that the risor slides onto are 1/2". The elbow bolts with the star heads are 5/16.

My greatest reference for torque specs is the Crusader engine manual. Every section has a complete list. Today I was working on the trunion bolts on the engine motor mounts. Someone had exceeded the 45 ft lb spec by 100 extra ft lbs. Needless to say I had to SAWZALL the nut off and drift out the old bolt because some miserable sob used the gorilla tactic to tighten it years prior .....never mind.

That manual has so many step by step guides to take you thru sections of the engine we frequently maintain, I find it invaluable. So much so, I have manuals in my shop as far back as my 1925 Henderson 4 cylinder motorcycle and as new as my wifes Suburban....actually the Suburban manual was the hardest to get hold of :) Get a manual for that engine, you will seriously find it useful

Back