Logo

2001 yamaha 115 jet drive

buckmaster27012

i have a 2001 yamaha outboard 115 jet drive and was wondering if anyone knows whether or not i could convert it over to a prop during high water months? from what i know about converting from jet to prop it doesnt have some of the parts that would be needed to convert it under the hood. just wondering if anyone knew or could maybe lead me in the right direction on who i could ask about it. just trying to save a little gas with it being so high and all. thanks for the help

So your motor is now mounted at about 27". The easiest thing to do is get a 25" shaft lower unit and a Bay Mfg. extension kit without a driveshaft. You may have to lower your motor a couple bolt holes if possible otherwise a good water holding SS prop will probably do the trick. Is this an F115? I have or can get all the necessary parts. [email protected].

i have the two stroke 115 hp. i have a blazer sport, it has the raised transom and set up only for jet drives so i dont even have other bolt holes, could put some in i guess. other this is the shifter rod that goes up through the motor to connect to the cable i dont have any other parts that is needed to do that under the motor cover. thanks

You might need to look at another motor or parts page to see what you are missing but I can't believe someone would take out the shift rod unless Yamaha left it out. If that is the case there is an after market way to put one in without pulling the powerhead. Although pulling the powerhead has some preventive maintenance benefits.

Back