Logo
Get instant online access to repair manuals for your Mercury / Mariner outboard. Online Manuals
MercuryMariner
Order printed Mercury / Mariner service manuals — shipped to your door! Printed Manuals
MercuryMariner
Use engine diagrams to find & order parts for your Mercury / Mariner engine. Engine Diagrams
MercuryMariner
Find parts quickly with Mercury application guides. Quick Parts Guide
MercurySierraCDI

Default Mercury Carburetor numbers ?

Can someone kindly help me out with these Merc #'s. I have a 1994 Merc 75hp Pro Series Tracker. Model 1075412PT. Serial 0G073793. The engine idles rough and I wanted to adjust the idle mixture screws. When I looked on the WME carburetor chart my 75 ELPTO carb #'s start with 33 not 29 as the manual states. Thus the idle mixture screws require different settings. Example, on the 29 the carb #1 preset is only a half turn out. Which carburetor settings do I use.

Default Re: Mercury Carburetor numbers ?

The initial setting means very little , only that the motor will start and keep running !!-------so start with one turn out and adjust all 3 evenly from there.-----------------You are sure there are no other problems other that carburetor adjustment.------You have looked at the reed valves ????----------You have looked at the check / bleed valves ( very small item ) in the intake system.

Have not looked at the parts you mentioned yet. Will, after I do the idle mixture. Thank you for the response racerone.Going to try your suggestion this morning with the settings.

Hey, man, have you done it ? Is it working ? I want to do the same thing, but I have no experience in that area at all, so, I would appreciate if you will give me a piece of advice. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars.

Quote Originally Posted by stones11 View Post
    Hey, man, have you done it ? Is it working ? I want to do the same thing, but I have no experience in that area at all, so, I would appreciate if you will give me a piece of advice. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars.
    Hey, man, have you done it ? Is it working ? I want to do the same thing, but I have no experience in that area at all, so, I would appreciate if you will give me a piece of advice. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars. My carburetor's number ends with 644. Does it have a special meaning, or something like that ? All I know is that this number is special, I have read it on https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-644-meaning/. It's written that it's a very powerful number. I don't know, maybe it's a coincidence, but I actually believe that it's true.

You two have piled onto a thread that is 9 years old.

Better to "post a new thread" (button in the upper left of the main page) and explain your issue or what you want you want help with.

Nobody much reads threads this old.
    Graham

A "professional" is someone who gets paid for their work - it doesn't necessarily mean they are good at it :)