Logo

Mercury Carburetor numbers ?

boatwake

Can someone kindly help me out with these Merc #'s. I have a 1994 Merc 75hp Pro Series Tracker. Model 1075412PT. Serial 0G073793. The engine idles rough and I wanted to adjust the idle mixture screws. When I looked on the WME carburetor chart my 75 ELPTO carb #'s start with 33 not 29 as the manual states. Thus the idle mixture screws require different settings. Example, on the 29 the carb #1 preset is only a half turn out. Which carburetor settings do I use.

The initial setting means very little , only that the motor will start and keep running !!-------so start with one turn out and adjust all 3 evenly from there.-----------------You are sure there are no other problems other that carburetor adjustment.------You have looked at the reed valves ????----------You have looked at the check / bleed valves ( very small item ) in the intake system.

Have not looked at the parts you mentioned yet. Will, after I do the idle mixture. Thank you for the response racerone.Going to try your suggestion this morning with the settings.

Hey, man, have you done it ? Is it working ? I want to do the same thing, but I have no experience in that area at all, so, I would appreciate if you will give me a piece of advice. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars.

Hey, man, have you done it ? Is it working ? I want to do the same thing, but I have no experience in that area at all, so, I would appreciate if you will give me a piece of advice. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars.
Hey, man, have you done it ? Is it working ? I want to do the same thing, but I have no experience in that area at all, so, I would appreciate if you will give me a piece of advice. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars. My carburetor's number ends with 644. Does it have a special meaning, or something like that ? All I know is that this number is special, I have read it on https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-644-meaning/. It's written that it's a very powerful number. I don't know, maybe it's a coincidence, but I actually believe that it's true.

You two have piled onto a thread that is 9 years old.

Better to "post a new thread" (button in the upper left of the main page) and explain your issue or what you want you want help with.

Nobody much reads threads this old.

Hey, man, have you done it ? Is it working ? I want to do the same thing, but I have no experience in that area at all, so, I would appreciate if you will give me a piece of advice. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars. My carburetor's number ends with 606. Does it have a special meaning, or something like that ? All I know is that this number is special, I have read it on 606 angel number twin flame. It's written that it's a very powerful number. I don't know, maybe it's a coincidence, but I actually believe that it's true.
What made you believe the number is special? Also, this forum is about boats, not cars. Not sure I understand what you're talking about.

Back