Logo

4.3L Vortex stalls on big waves

pull out all the spark plugs and turn it over with the starter quick do it now.

if water shoots out the plug holes and the motor turns, keep turning the motor. No more then 4-5 seconds then allow the starter to cool down 4-5 minutes.

do this 4-5 times then with a can of pb blaster or wd forty or whatever squirt oil into the holes.

When you got the holes lubed good. Dry off the spark plugs. And install them. Now here something you might not want to do me i would pull the drive to save the impeller. But you have to start the motor with fresh oil and new filter, and let it run for 2-3 minutes with fresh oil.

Shut her down and drain the oil new filter and new oil. Run it again 2-3 minutes. You might want to put one quart of auto. tans fluid and the rest oil.

So say you take 5 quarts you want 4 quarts of oil one quart trans fluid. 2-3 minutes running no water to the motor. absolutely cold motor.

Drain oil and new filter, new oil now your got a saved motor. But if you did not pull the drive your imeller is toast and you may have a melted pump housing and impeller pieces all over the place.

I urge you to pull the spark plugs now and see if it's water in the cylinders. Then if it turns over with the starter to get all the water out of the holes, then squirt something into the holes crank and keep doing that.

Remove the drive before running with no water to the motor.

Post back. I will be here at the puter for a hour. no reply i don;t know what my day is yet.

Drain

Back