Logo

85hp yam 3cyl,hunting for fuel?

kev4

Hi,i have just bought this engine to replace a mariner that has problems,the guy says it was running perfect last week on his boat,no reason to doubt him he has offered me my money back! It starts first turn of key but then revs&drops,revs&drops then pops and stops,turn key and starts and does same again.I have checked all pipes,no leaks anywhere,it wont rev up if i try to rev it,plugs are brand new and its new fuel. HELP PLEASE,i beleive him that it was ok last week,what can it be? iv only transported it from his place to mine in back of 4x4 estate.regards kev. ps its a1980s engine

Cheers for your answer justintime,but why need a rebuild if running perfect last week?ok its been on its side and such whilst transported but i have no reason to doubt this chap that it was running sweet when he took it off his boat 10 days ago i actualy think it was,he is a fellow boatman from the same harbour as myself,he couldnt get away withit if he knew it was faulty,can you clarify why it needs carb rebuild?regards kev.

I tried it with the fuel line coming direct from a gallon can of fresh fuel,it was the same.i have returned it to where i bought it and got my money back.I think he was selling his problems on.thanks anyway to everyone.

Back