Logo

35 hp us marine force outboard

Sax416

This is the crossfire fuel induction engine and I need to order a coil, water pump kit, fuel pump kit... I read about where the model and sn should be. I found the spot where it should be but the sticker is gone. The only thing left is the underside of the sticker that says void in very faint letters. Is there any other way of identifying the model so I can order these parts and any other parts in the future? The carb has a date stamped in it of 11/88 but that's about as close as I come to any year indications. The color scheme is charcoal gray with the stickers being a combination of silver, red, and charcoal gray. I'd be grateful for any advice you can provide.

The charcoal grey is a mid 80's model.You need to post a few pics of the motor.Showing the coils,flywheel,fuel pump.Etc.
Fill out the profile.You might be close to someone who can help.Jerry

I'll work on posting pictures. Don't think I can post from the iPhone. Just noticed the word force is not a sticker. It's like a raised chrome car emblem glued to the cowling. Don't know if that is unusual But all the images I see are stickers.

Dang. I was hoping that could help determining the year. I remember my brother telling me it was an 88 but he doesn't remember for sure. There are a number of things that point to 88 such as the carb stamp and 88 casted into the engine block and the engine mount/housing. They are kind of starbursts with 88 in the center. Problem with using that logic is those parts could have easily been used with later models as well. I just think it may eliminate the thought of it being any older than that.

Finally the pics.

Attachments

• Force 35-4.jpg
    Force 35-4.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 344
  • Force 35-1.jpg
    Force 35-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 933
  • Force 35-3.jpg
    Force 35-3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 479
  • Force 35-2.jpg
    Force 35-2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 421
Go to boats.net Find this:
35 H.P. (1988) Mercury Force Outboard 357D8B IGNITION COMPONENTS Diagram and Parts This will be what you need.J

Are you fairly certain that this is an 88 and the model # u gave me will be good for the parts I'm looking to order? If so thanks a bunch. Really appreciate your time.

Brian.

Good enough for me. I'll order the parts and if they are correct I'll put that number on the cover o the repair manual. I will let you know how I make out. Can't wait to get this thing back on the water.

I received the coil and impeller I ordered and they appear to be identical to the ones I removed. Started it and it runs and Has water flow so I think I am in good shape. I get a little sputter every now and again at idle but maybe all it needs is a few gallons of fresh gas run through her. I think I'll replace the fuel line, bulb and connector to make sure the fuel pressure is good.

Would you know if these motors have thermostats? There appears to be a thermostat housing but there is no thermostat listed. Also I accidentally pulled the shaft up an inch or so when changing the impeller. I pushed it right back in and it seems to be ok. It goes into gear and spins the prop. Ive read about having to disassemble the gears if you pull the shaft out, is that only if you pull it all the way out? Thanks a ton for your help Jerry. You are a boat saver.

Back