Logo

9.8 thunderbolt wiring problem help much appreciated

destroyer28a

Hi, i have bought a Mercury 9.8hp 110 from an auction site, i got it because of the electric start and charging facility however there is no wiring harness, how can i connect this to the 12v batt i use on the boat for instruments and lighting? any diagrams would be good, i dont want to buy a harness unless i have to, would rather make my own if possible but need to know where to connect to on the outboard.

Charging stators for those are hard to find and are VERY weak. I suggest you simply use a large, deep cycle battery and slap a charger on it now and thenh. It'll last longer than you'd think.

Jeff

Charging stators for those are hard to find and are VERY weak. I suggest you simply use a large, deep cycle battery and slap a charger on it now and thenh. It'll last longer than you'd think.

Jeff

ok thanks, ill bare that in mind but i still need to connect it to a battery for the electric start.

You connect to one side of start button with positive cable.------------You connect to the block with negative !-----The small red wire from the rectifier also connects to the same side as the battery ( at the start button )

Last edited:
Back