- Your online store for all types of marine engines and boat parts.
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Click for TOLL-FREE Number
Online Checkout
Special $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping
(800) 209-9624 | Home | Contact | Shipping | Returns | Cart View your shopping cart.
Part Number Search
Shop by engine/drive part number.
Original & matching parts for sale.
Manuals & Accessories
Shop by description, item number
or manufacturer's model number.
Boat Repair Forum Boat Repair Forum   Boat Video Gallery Video Gallery
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: UNIT

  1. #1

    Default UNIT

    Hi guys. Just recently purchased a boat,back in the stern be hind aseat i found this unit .on it says reverse lock operation to release tuirn knob to right ,to in gaged turn knob to left,looks like it had hydralic running to it .it also has a solnoid and a motor , anybody have any idea what this unit is called and what was it used for, previous owner has moved. Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: UNIT

    Yea man that's an old style Mercury power trim pump. They use to mount that inside the transom and run hoses to the rams. The new systems are more compact and the whole assembly fits in the engine bracket and is water tight. If the boat was repowered with a newer engine it might not be hooked up but they just left it there to save the trouble of removing it. It's not hooked to the engine is it? If it is it's YOUR power trim pump. Most of the time they use motor oil instead of hydrolic fluid. It should have a sticker on it that says what kind of oil to put in it. The knob is the manual release in case you need to manually lift the motor and the batery is dead or the system has an electrical failure.

  3. #3

    Default Re: UNIT

    Thanks for info.yes it takes motor oil..all the lines are missing .is this unit worth anything to sell,or is it obsolete now thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Chaumont Bay, N.y., USA

    Default Re: UNIT

    Ayuh,... Who knows,..??

    You haven't said What the boat is, or What the motor is, or What the drive is, or What vintage any of it is...

    So, I'll Guess it's obsolete, 'n no longer needed...
    Any Grease is Better,... Than No grease at All....

Similar Threads

  1. '1995 5.0L OMC Cobra - ticking from lower unit as unit is trimmed upwards
    By CapnCav in forum OMC Sterndrive and Inboard Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 07:55 PM
  2. Reinstalling the lower unit back on to the upper unit
    By youngsboat in forum Mercruiser Sterndrive Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
  3. Water coming from power unit and drive unit gasket
    By rickkill in forum Chrysler Force Outboard Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 09:11 AM
  4. 77lower unit swap with 78 lower unit
    By ed270electric in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 10:10 PM
  5. 1981 OMC lower unit interchange with 9596 unit
    By merlin in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2003, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts