Logo

US Marine force 50

Notsosmart

Friend brought over a Force 50 eng. to look at it will run some what but will not idle. I have not idea what the plug gap should be. Cked fuel filter and float bowl all clean. Boat and engine has set for a cpl of years.
Have changed out the fuel and still not idleing! Anybody got some good ideas.

Dirty carb.Jet clogged.Air screw not set right.Bad compression.No spark on both. Ethanol screwing with the hoses.
Water in the fuel?Need to know the year and serial# so I know what I'm working on.
Bad fuel pump.Bad inline connectors..Post pics of the coils/power packs.J

You sure that's the right mod# ?? I can't find it in my reference material.
I find it comming up as a 80's not a 93.The white motors were made in the 80's.J

10.jpg1986 50hp Force.
Need to make sure there is spark on both cylinders and good compression. Then start with the fuel system,rebuild the pump and then xhange the hoses.Ethanol is messing with older hoses.
Make sure the jets are clear.#28#29.Jerry

This may be a bit late, but when my 50 did this, I found I had one set of points broken or points could be out of adjustment.

do the left and right trim plates on these motors serve any purpose other than looks im going to reinstall them but I can't till i replace my shift rod coupling untill then it not going to keep me off the water---------http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af245/lottatop/Picture378-1.jpg

Last edited:
You posted the boobs not me.I said the side plates were for looks.
The profile lists your location,You might be close to someone who can help.
I never liked biguns anyway.J

Back