Logo

1964 star flite

cutz08

:( just bought an 1964 Larson boat with evenrude motor and have been working on it so far i have a bad solenoid. also when i turn over the motor the fuel poor's out the bottom of the motor i guess the exhaust. it drains the fuel bowel in about 2 to 3 seconds i was told that it was fuel pump probably hole in diaphragm. pulled apart and didn't see any but have one on order anyway any thoughts on this

where does the fuel pour from, where does it come out of at the bottom of the motor? are you saying you have fuel pouring out of the exhaust? go to the top of the page select your motor and look at the parts and tell us where it is coming from and where it's going.

it comes from the bottom of the drive shaft housing through the exhaust outlet it does not leak from the pump or carbs i have replaced the hoses and it still leaks when i turn the motor over full of gas with the fuel disconnected it empties the fuel bowel in about 2 to 3 seconds and after a few more it runs out the bottom of the port hole right above the prop witch i assume is the exhaust port

Back