Logo

Twin 534 fwc ford industrial seamasters

CAPTDIZ

I recently purchased a 1965 Chris Craft commander with twin 534 Seamaster engines.On our voyage home the water hose on one of them had a hole rubbed in it by the belt. Does anybody know where I can obtain a parts catalog for these engines. It was redone in 1980 and I believe that is when the engines were put in.
Any help would be appreciated.

Still having problems finding parts. Does anyone no where I can purchase parts for this engine?I know it is old but would like to fix verses replace at this point.

I'm pretty sure that these engines are so obsolete that you're going to have a high degree of difficulty replacing anything on them. They really wre an oddball back in the day. You can probably still get parts like bearings pistons and maybe a cam if you search high and low. I don't think anyone has any marine-specific parts anymore.
The best option is to run them until they die (which may be something like another hundred years or so) and switch to either diesels or some gas big blocks. Ford is more or less out of the marine engine business as far as large displacement goes, and GM is dwindling too.

Back