Logo

trim tilt question???

dawgs

Regular Contributor
i have my 1987 150 on a engine stand....i belive i have an electric trim/tilt...is it normal that i cannot lift the motor by hand? i try to grab the motor at the lower unit and lift up but it wont. is that normal? i know i can do it with my other motor but thats with a hydraulic trim/tilt

you need to open the MANUAL RELEASE VALVE for the hydralic system on the lower port side (left) of the T & T. open the screw (valve) then pick up the lower unit.

That would be #66.... lower portion of the "starboard" transom bracket within a hole at that area. Back it out two (2) turns only, no further than two (2) turns.

Good Mornin' New to the forum..... Having problems now with the tilt on my Evinrude 40hp manual tilt not wanting to release so i can lift it high enough for it to travel safely down the road without the bottom of the motor hitting the road........ It seems as though there is a pin stuck or something not releasing and letting me lift the motor up into the traveling position....... any thoughts of suggestions..... Thank you Kevin

Back