Logo

Carter carb parts and engine manual

richardinmaine

Richardinmaine here: Restoring my Buehler Turbocaraft. I need to find marine approved spark arrestors for my two Carter carbs on my 292 ford inteceptor engine There are brass tags on the carbs 618S. The carbs are threaded, so there is something somewhere for them? I also would like to buy a Engine manual for the 292 Ford Inceptor. The boat is coming along well, lots of work done, the painted is all fair and smooth, and ready for the Electric blue and white paint. The engine runs like a rolex. Any infor would be greatly appreciated. I think??? this boat is 1960 or 1961,not sure. Thanks again.

Richardinmaine; I have a ton of Interceptor parts, including a barrel of Carter side draft YH carbs. Never seen on with threads for a flame arrester. If you haven't resolved your issue, call me at 207 252 0996. I am in So. Portland, Maine.

Richardinmaine; I have a ton of Interceptor parts, including a barrel of Carter side draft YH carbs. Never seen on with threads for a flame arrester. If you haven't resolved your issue, call me at 207 252 0996. I am in So. Portland, Maine.
I have a 1960 Trojan with twin 292 and also looking for the spark arrestors for the carter yh carbs. I have two and I need two more. They look like a bunch of brass mess screens sandwiched together in a ring and sit behind the cover. Would you have or know of any place I can get them?

Richardmarine are you still looking for a manual for the ford 292s. I have one that I could photo copy for you. Its for a 1960 trojan.

Richardinmaine; I have a ton of Interceptor parts, including a barrel of Carter side draft YH carbs. Never seen on with threads for a flame arrestor. If you haven't resolved your issue, call me at 207 252 0996. I am in So. Portland, Maine.

I know this an old thread but.... I am looking for a good "carter yh" carb(s) or several poor ones to make a good runner. Having a bucket load may prompt a sale of a donor engineguy68. Please reply with a price and your postal code to arrange shipping. I'm in the Detroit Mi. area.,(48150)
BTW : I have seen spark arrestor refills composed of little more than wrapped up scouring pad materials. Thanks Robert

Back