Logo

Honda 150 hp 2004 no power coming to ignition or trim

wchetwode

I have a 2004 150hp Honda . It suddenly cut out the other day everything including the trim. We have looked at the engine as best we know how. I have changed the main relay which makes no difference. I have changed the key unit no change We have tested as much wiring as we can and have concluded there is no power getting to the ignition controls (keys). Because the engine is getting power. When you add another power source to the engine you can start it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Will

Re: Honda 150 2004 no power coming to ignition or trim

Provide more detail. I assume you have tested the battery and made sure your battery connections are solid - especially the ground. I assume you have check and tested all fuses. If you have a battery switch, bypass it and see if that helps. Otherwise, provide more detail.

Finally found the faulty wire. It is the main power wire coming into the engine. when you move it around power comes back intermittently. So we have replaced this wire as far as the round connecter inside the cover that covers the ecu and the fuses.

Question, as the shop manual doesn't seem to show. Is the connector just a connector so you can disconnect the power at the engine, or is there a fuse or something else in there. Because after replacing the wire it seems that it may be that connector that is causing the loose connection and we don't want to bypass it if it is important?

Any help gratefully received...

Back