Logo

1966 cetury boat w/ford intercepter engine & velvet drive

capehorn

i am trying to determine which model of intersepter engine i have. there was a plate on intake manifold w/mp42r stamped along w/526075. it has a 4 barrell carb. the trans is a borg warner mod.AS11-72C, s.n. 3473. any help would be appreciated.

There should be an Interceptor serial number on the front of the timing cover under where it says Interceptor. If you provide that number I can look it up in my manual for you.

thanks for your reply. i was unable to find any number. the only place it says intercepter is on the valve cover. there is no serial #.

i finally found what i hope is the number we are looking for. there was a C3AE with 6059-A. it is a FE BLOCK which is indicated by a 352 cast on the front of the block. i hope this helps pin point the exact model. thanks for your help; joe

This could be any number of FE engines, because even the 427 has "352" cast into the blocks.

I think the numbers you have are off the timing chain cover.

The motor could be a 352 or 390 or 427 because they all look identical externally.

Look for numbers down near the fuel pump, maybe even underside of a protrusion, good luck.

DS

Back