Logo

Bf9.9d will not restart

Hi RYCRKT,
I feel ya brother. June 6th I had the C3 thru C6 bisect with C2 and C7 "augmented". In the collar and waiting for it all to fuse. Fun, fun, FUN son! Now if I can learn how to walk again, life will be sweet.

Well, at least you now have the problem occurring on the trailer. Before it just seemed to be jinxed only on the water. I've kinda run out of things to suggest other than to ABSOLUTELY VERIFY that it is losing spark when the problem occurs.

I read back through the post and it sure seems like loss of spark but, just to make me happy (LOL), put an inductive timing light on a plug wire when it won't start to make sure.

Good luck with your recovery and don't eat too many of them Dr. Feelgoods they give ya.

It sounds like we had the same surgery i had c3 thru 7 fused with the collars put in neck feels good its the spinal cord injury holding me back i had a fluid leak and they patched it with super glue i advised them to redue it with duck tape ha hah ah. Will try the timing light again.

Yeah, when I woke up it felt like they had put a 50 pound lead weight in there. I remember telling the surgeon I didn't know titanium weighed that much. I got some permanent damage from the cord being "strangled" for years and I didn't know it until last November I suddenly started falling down and couldn't walk straight. Everybody thought I was drunk...including me! HA!

Yeah, if it doesn't light the timing light next time it won't start, go back and read hondadude's reply (#21) in this thread. He describes how he's seen the power packs fail and cause an intermittent just like you have.

At this point I'd throw one at it if it were me because I trust his experience and advice. It's $100 but you've gone through twice that much aggravation already.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you will just have a spare on board OR, you can sell the old one on ebay for $40 or $50 and take some of the sting out of the cost. There's got to be another guy somewhere out there that needs one.

Good luck with the Honda and your neck.

Back