Logo

milky white build up in carb!

TheRooster

i ran my boat for the first time this year and noticed a milky white mixture of water and gas build up on a ll three of my 60hp tlrb two stroke carbs. where should i start to look besides the obvious water in my tank and fuel lines. as soon as i put it in gear it bogs when giving it more throttle. im assumin its getting in somewhere bad any suggestions?

Do not worry too much about this.---------------It may very well be normal, depending where you live and ambient temperature.--------------------Liquids ( in this case the fuel ) when they vaporize need / look for heat.-----------It gets this heat from the carburetor aluminum and then water vapour in the air condenses on the carburetor because of the cold surfaces.---------------So check the operation of your thermostat.---------------This is why small aircraft have " carburetor de-icing systems "--where heat is diverted to the carburetor body.-------- Alcohol in todays fuels does not help in this either.

think i found the problem(s) i never changed/drained the water seperater since last year and when i took it off it was a jacked up! all 3 carb bowls also had some gunky stuff in it as well. took them off and cleaned them out. gonna replace the filter and throw the carbs back on today when i get home. had a friend at work tell me to spray a lil WD40 in the spark plug holes to draw the moister out. does this sound like a good idea to anyone?

@ racerone i live in southeastern louisiana down here in the swamps. no cold weather here lol. thanks for the info though. big thanks

If you look on -------------google ------------search for -------carburetor icing------------It will tell you all you want to know about water forming in a carburetor due to the cooling effect of a liquid evaporating.

Back