Logo

Chrysler318s need muffler

Hey Guys Hope all had a great winter.
The boat Running straight pipes off risers to the stern, have plenty off room need some advice on choice of muffler, muffler "theory" and what to expect or watch out for.

33' New Yorker ( same as A Silverton) Twin 318s 12 foot beam lots of room in engine compartment

The fiberglass mufflers are great if you can fit them in. If not, you might look into those muscle boat mufflers that are very compact.

Jeff

I used Centek Vernatone fiberglass mufflers to replace the original galvanized box mufflers on my Silverton. They come in a variety of hose diameters. I used 3-inch and they fit just fine. They are light enough so that if the run isn't really long, the exhaust hose will support them. I paid about $150 each for them. If you're running without mufflers now, you will see a difference in sound.

Same setup 31 silverton 318s vernatones ,love the sound

install....

keep them out of the way of stepping on them, support them with strap or plywood to the bottom of the cockpit deck,try to get them as straight back as possible(rudders will most likely interfere) use a heavy duty soft wall hose from the 3 inch thru hull exhaust to the downhill side of the muffler (8 - 12 inches) more clamps the better on the uphill side of the muffler,t bolt clamps just snug enough

Back