Logo

Ford County Super 6 engine

Efrem Hug

Hey, I have a 1965 ford county super 6 ag tractor and it needs a water pump... I was looking on craigslist and found a guy selling a 4 cylinder Lehman diesel which was identical except for missing 2 cylinders, so I would guess that the ford county hand a Lehman in it, though I've also heard of it being a Degenham engine... I'd like to know if there are any rebuild/new units around and who has them if anyone would know that

Cheers and thanks in advance

here's a small walkaround vid of the tractor running
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehYl0e26vkA

Hi, you have a 6cyl 330cid dagenham ford diesel (made in the ford plant at dagenham england)
part you need is dkn 8501. I have main and rod brg.s and rings sets and misc. Parts. American diesel 804 435 3107 should have the pump.
Good luck ,these are great diesels
charlie

Excellent, thank you... I just redid the valves in it and head gasket this winter... If all else would fail I'd put a cummins 5.9 into it, but I'll keep this running as long as possible...

Well, if you know a lot about these tractors, do you know of where you can find tie rod ends?

Thanks a lot for the info on the pump, I got one ordered up and we have a local agent!

What's the difference between the Lehman and Degenham engines?... I searched for a Lehman engine water pump because I saw a guy on Craigslist selling a 4cyl Lehman engine which looked identical to the 6cyl supposed Degenham engine of the ford county

HI, I WAS SERVICE MGR. AT LEHMAN. WE TOOK THE DAGENHAM, DORSET AND DOVER FORD LONG BLOCK DIESELS AND MARINIZED THEM. IN MOST CASES THEY WERE SAME AS FARM AND AG. ENGINES EXCEPT FOR THE INJECTION PUMPS AND INJECTORS.
TIE ROD ENDS ARE GETTING SCARCE TRY VALUBILT, IOWA, WWW.VALU-BILT.COM OR FORD COUNTY TRACTORS ON THE INTERNET.
QUICK DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DAG. AND DORSET IS DAG. INJ. PUMPS WERE DRIVEN BY A SHAFT OR FLEX COUPLING, WHEREAS THE DORSETS PUMP WAS BOLTED DIRECTLY TO THE TIMING COVER WITH NO EXPOSED MOVING PARTS. CHARLIE

Back