Logo

I have a E-Z loader single axle trailer and a 19ft.Cobalt boat on it

texas60

Contributing Member
Hi All ! ok heres the story,I am moving from Wisconsin to Connecticut in May and am going to pull it with a 26 ft. U-haul Truck.I would rather have a Tandum trailer but this is all I can afford right now so it has to do.I have alot of concerns and a little nervous thinking about towing it 1,000 miles.I bought new tires C Rated trailer tires ,that are rated 1,850 pds a piece and yes I am going to get a set of fenders for it.I just want to know anyones opinion on anything else I can do for safety purposes and has anyone ever pulled a single axle trailer with a 2,900 pound boat before that far? Its going to be empty of fuel ect...My wife will be folling me in our Dodge Durango which is what I usually pull it around locally,but this is one hell of a trip.I have a spare tire ect.. and also what suggestions on tie down straps? Please ease my nervous mind LOL Thank you

Attachments

• Picture 768.jpg
    Picture 768.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Picture 767.jpg
    Picture 767.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 394
  • Picture 769.jpg
    Picture 769.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 392
bring a grease gun and every third tank of gas or so hit the bearing with grease.

Make sure the lights work and that you have the right kind og jack or bring some flat pieces of wood.

I would also at home before leaving jack up the trailer so you know what you need remove ever nut so you know none are frozen and just drab of oil on the threads re-install them.

Good luck ! It's a breeze.

Thank you so much Chief, I needed the encouragement! it does have buddy bearings and I got a grease gun full of grease! LOL I was just a lil nervous I have never ever pulled a boat that far and I"ll be damned if I leave my old dream boat behind......I was also concerned about the distance between the hitch and the vehicle it looked kinda close but never had a problem with my Durango pulling it as far as turning just opening the back hatch the the dodge was a lil close

First and foremost, make sure the boat is properly set on the trailer. The tongue weight should be between 6% and 10% of the weight of the combined weight of the boat and the trailer. Also, make sure you have a safety chain hooked up between the winch holder and the boat bow - I didn't see one in the pictures. When I trailer my 6000 lb boat over distances, I also strap down the transom to the trailer to prevent any possible shifts. Follow Chief's advice on the bearing grease, but don't over do it, lest you blow out a seal.

Nice conversation dude. This is the way to expose to your ideas. All the participants perform well according to their knowledge.
Thanks man.

Back