Logo

Throttle setting 2003 BF 50 Help please

constablechris

Contributing Member
Hello all,

I have had some problems with my 50 tiller handle and had to replace it. Unfortunately I forgot to look at a few things before I took it all apart, so now need help

IN the first pic it shows throttle at idle.

Second shows wide open throttle position in gear not started.

My question to anyone with a 50 hp or with some knowledge is shold the throttle runner (the middle running bit be able to go all the way to the top of this guide thing (Idle speed.jpgthe black outer part?

Any ideas on how I would adjust it? Is it in the cables?Can someone take a photo of theirs for me please and post?

Sorry not great photos I know

Regards

ChrisFull accelerate.jpg

Depending on what you changed, it is probably a combination of things.

Most likely, you can get full throttle if you adjust the throttle rod by popping it off of the peg (second picture), loosing the small nut and screwing the pivot a little more onto the rod.

If that gets you full throttle, they your idle setting will probably be off. Then you have to go to the cables, loosen the nut on especially the top cable (closed end) and readjust there to get your idle marks to line back up. You may have to make corresponding opposite adjustments to the bottom cable.

Before you do all that, make sure your cables are seated correctly and completely at both ends.

This is a frustrating kind of adjustment even with the book.

Mike

No, it does not have to go to the top of the plastic piece. The full throttle setting is done with the cable when the throttle lever(metal part) goes fully against its stop. Disconnect the throttle cable and move the metal throttle up against its stop and you will see where it needs to go. The idle is then set with the idle screw on the bottom carb. Do not touch the things that look like idle screws on the top 2 carbs or you will need a vaccum gauge to readjust it.

Back