Logo

'68 sea ray w/ 78 chevy 305 electric shift intermediate housing issue

dimitrimfogal

Regular Contributor
hello gentleman , i posted this question last summer and had no result...so again i ask...my manual (seloc #34) shows the fill plug for the intermediate housing in a clear picture at the backside of the transom right above the upper housing of the drive... mine has no plug...now someone mentioned that for this year there were only zerk fittings but when i removed my intermediate shaft the intermediate housing was full of oil. of course after all the work ive done to this barge , i want to change this oil but cant seem to figure out how because of my inexperience newbie status....any help appreciated....thanx in advance...dimitri

all the intermediates seem to have a big access cover inside the boat with access to that bearing area - guess you could fill it there.
#16 in the pic
16 0313247 COVER, Oil reservoir

17 0313246 GASKET, Cover
you already know how to drain it :)
int cover.jpg

post a picture of the area right behind the drive of the intermediate. I know some didn't have a drain plug but all had a fill plug. Maybe someone painted over it.

correct chief , i found it . looks like it been painted over 3 -4 times...wich makes me wonder how old that oil is..lol mybe original thank you both for your help

Last edited:
Back