Logo

quicksilver throttle / gearchange

buster brown

can any one point me towards a user manual/instruction book for my single outboard throttle control as I don`t have a clue how to use it.There is a "run and off "knob which is a mystery !

Knob or switch lever? That's where the old safety lanyard loops would attach. Is that the only "mystery" concerning the box?

if not, it would help to get a picture of the control along with a specific list of the other 'mysteries'.

That should be a toggle switch (the exposed actuator is termed a bat) and the safety lanyard attaches to it - that's the red coiled cord with the clip in your center picture. The T handled lever is the combined shift and throttle control. Center picture - position as shown - provides neutral and idle. Moving it into reverse (towards the engine) will engage reverse and then advance the throttle as the lever rotates further. Forward function the same but when the lever away from the engine. Pretty sure there's a squeeze to release button on the bottom of the T handle, too.

The lever right above the key switch should be the cold start lever - as the sticker says, it will advance the throttle only.

Finally, that looks new enough that the choke function is part of the key switch. To activate the choke, you need to press in on the key when cranking (push the key into the box when turning it to start).

Back